Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Birthday Gift Kit: Survive, Pamper, and Indulge Your Sweet Tooth


We just celebrated my mother's 61st birthday this past Sunday, April 6th. May God continue to bless her!

Now, I love her to death but she's a difficult person to shop for and I'm tired of getting her the same ole' traditional gifts that I usually get her like perfume and gift cards. I still needed to stay within budget, though. So this year I figured I step out the box and get a little creative with it...

I searched the internet for some inspiration and decided on making her a Gift Kit. I, personally, love Gift Kits because it's such a practical gift and can be customized for the person in mind. I wanted to add a few different elements to it so I broke it down in to three different categories: Survival kit, Pampering kit and Sweet Tooth kit. Hence, the S.P.S. label on the gift box.

I stopped by Target to see what I could find and came back with everything I needed. That's what I call a successful shopping trip, by my standards!

To start, I designed, printed and cut out a few labels...


and placed them on each basket.


I then stocked each basket with it's gifts, respectively. Here are the contents of each basket:
  • Survival Kit: Tylenol Extra Strength Caplets, Jergens Hand Lotion, and Cottonelle Wipes;
  • Pampering Kit: EOS Lip Balm, Revlon Nail Enamel - Eclectic, and Bodycology Fragrance Mist - Cherry Blossom; and
  • Sweet Tooth Kit: Ocean Spray Cherry Craisins, Pepperidge Farm Fruitful Cookies - Apricot Raspberry Cup, and Maxwell House International Cafe - French Vanilla. 
Again, you can put whatever you'd like in your gift baskets. The possibilities are endless.


I placed all of the contents into the gift box (which can serve as a storage container once she removes all of the gifts from inside) and my daughter, NB, made Grandma a personalized birthday card to go with it.


The Six Little Osos paid Grandma a visit, gifted her the present and spent some quality time with her on her birthday. All's well that ends well! Family is everything!


Happy Birthday again, Mami! Love you!

No comments :

Post a Comment