Thursday, April 17, 2014

All You Need Is Love Project: My Favorite Love Quotes

This week's topic for the All You Need Is Love Project is about sharing your favorite "love" quote or, in my case, quotes.

First of all, I believe there are different kinds of love. There's the love you have for friends, family, your children, your significant other and yourself. In my opinion, these are all demonstrated in different ways and on different levels.

Nevertheless, the core meaning of love is to have a deep, passionate affection towards another person despite the type of relationship you may have with them.

In my search for quotes, I was able to narrow it down to 5. The first 3 support the general meaning of love while the last two, I think, are directed more towards your significant other.  Then again, it may be all in the interpretation. Anyhow, they all touched my heart. Take a look and tell me what you think...
  

1. What it means to me: This is probably the love quote I love the most (no pun intended). It basically sums up what love really is. If you are willing to give your last to someone just to make them happy or to satisfy their need, then that's love. There's not to many people in this world who I'm willing to give up a pink or red starburst to or who's happiness affects my daily life. If I give you the last bite of my favorite food or something that is really special to me, consider yourself loved. This is usually reserved for my ositos who are always asking to eat whatever I'm eating!
 

2. What it means to me: This quote reinforces the idea that true love never fades. No matter how many hardships or struggles it endures, if the love is real it will not be denied. 


3. What it means to me: I love this quote. It puts a smile on my face every time I read it because I think of God and the purpose in which he created us for - to love one another as He so loved us. (John 15:12)   


4. What it means to me: Having been with my husband for 15 years now, this quote resonates with me a whole lot.  Like any other relationship, our love has faced its challenges and has had an opportunity to grow stronger and wiser because of it.  As a result, I feel that the love we share has become more like the deep-burning and unquenchable coals referred to in this quote.  


5. What it means to me: I enjoy the exact nature of math and math, in general. For example, 2x2 will always equal 4. I take comfort in knowing that that will never change. When I read this quote, however, it made total sense to me and made me chuckle at the same time. I guess to someone who's in love, one plus one (the person you love + yourself) is everything you need and want but two minus one (the person you love - yourself) leaves you lost and feeling like you have nothing. The arithmetic of love...I like that.

In the end, love is a feeling, an action, a math problem, a condition.  Perhaps its even unexplainable to some. Whatever the case may be, you will definitely know when it knocks on the door of your heart and moves in. When it does, let it, embrace it and be grateful for the ability to love and be loved.

2 comments :

  1. My favorite of these quotes are the #1 and #5. When you are in love, it is your goal/mission to make your spouse happy. Two people become connected when they are in love. When they separate, there is something inside of them that is lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you vay. Number 1 and 5 are my favorite quotes as well, I would give you my last anything. I love spending all my time with you. You are my everything. I love you.

    ReplyDelete