Sunday, December 22, 2013

Our Superman Themed Holiday Card



Every year around the month of November I ask myself the same question: "what are we doing for our holiday card this year?"

After doing some research and looking for inspiration, this is what I came up with...

I decided to go with a "Super New Year" themed holiday card and lucked out when I was able to find Superman t-shirts from Old Navy in all of our sizes. Do you know how hard that was? I had to find sizes 18-24 months, 5T, Medium, 2 Large and 1 XL. What are the chances of a store carry all those sizes in the same shirt? So believe me when I say it was meant to be! I also have no shame in saying that I took most of the pictures myself except for the one of my husband and I, which DB took, and the one of the whole family, which I asked a passer-by to kindly take for us.  I'm no photographer, by far, but when your budget doesn't allow for a professional photographer you improvise and do what you have to do to get the job done. Besides, people are usually nice about taking photos for you when you ask nicely so don't be afraid to ask!

After having our mini photography session, doing some photo editing, and then coming up with a card design, here is the final product...


and this is the back of the card...


I put the images together on a standard 5x4 postcard and had them printed by Vistaprint.  They came out great and I was so pleased that the images did not look digitized. I got a great deal on them, too. I paid $10 plus shipping and handling for 100 postcards which was way more than I'll ever need but for that price who cares if I have 70 postcards left over. I did, however, pay extra to have the back side of the postcard printed in color and have envelopes included as well. In all, the total came to less than $28. Not bad, if you ask me. 

Here are some of my favorites that were left on the cutting room floor...







This year's holiday cards can finally be checked off my list. 

Happy Holidays!


No comments :

Post a Comment