Saturday, February 15, 2014

EB's 1st Birthday: An Open Letter to My Baby Girl


Dear Baby Bear,

Time sure does fly! Around this time last year, your Dad and I were preparing ourselves for your sweet arrival. I was so nervous worrying about how the delivery would go. I remember the medical staff laughing at me and then joking that I should be a "pro" at delivering babies because this was my fourth time around.
However, mi amor, I wasn't. I was far from it! See, there are so many things that have to fall in place and go right in order for a baby to be born that people tend to take for granted how beautiful the miracle of life truly is. Well, needless to say, thank God that everything went o.k. that day because that was the day the world gave us you! Best of all, you arrived on your Daddy's 39th birthday providing him with the best gift ever!

We were so anxious to see what you looked liked. You're brothers, sister, and grandparents were all awaiting your arrival at the hospital, too. You were born at 12:17 p.m. and weighed 7 lbs 6 oz. You now weigh 25 pounds, big girl!

You have grown so much in the past year and it has been my pleasure to witness every last bit of it. You love to clap your hands, pat your head, and pretend to talk on the phone by placing your hand to your ear. You, my dear, are so adorable! We tried really hard to get you walking by your 1st birthday and we were really close but you're just too scared to take that first step on your own. We love you anyway, of course.

I wish you so much more than I can ever put into words, mi osito.  I'm a little sad that you're no longer a baby but I look forward to seeing you grow into a beautiful young lady (God willing).  Off we go to celebrate your birthday today! Paarrrrttttyyyy!

Te amo tanto,

Tu Mamibear

 

No comments :

Post a Comment