Friday, February 28, 2014

5 Things That Make Me Most Happy


Why should you care about what makes me happy? Read on and I'll tell you why....
Truth is, you probably won't care about what makes me happy and that's understandable.  My hope, however, is that by reading about what makes me happy, you'll begin to think about what makes you happy. In doing so, you'll focus on the positive things in your life. Who knows, that one thought has the potential to change your whole day or, better yet, your whole outlook on life.

As for me, the reason I decided to do this exercise is because its Question No. 5 of the 52 Things My Ositos Should Know About Me Series and I must admit that I definitely need to get in the habit of doing it more often!

That being said, here's 5 things that make me most happy in life:


1. My Family - It should go without saying that my family is my number one source of happiness. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that they don't get on my nerves occasionally (ok, a lot) but nothing puts a bigger smile on my face than when I come home to them after a long day at work or when I see their little faces light up with happiness.

2. Me Time - There are times, however, when I need to get away and spend time by myself or with friends. That can be equally enjoyable and very much needed as well.

3. Spending time with Daddy Bear - Daddy Bear and I don't get a lot of alone time to ourselves so when we do, it truly does make me happy to be able to reconnect with him.

4. Listening to The Word - Often times, on my way to work, I listen to Pastor James McDonald's or Bishop T.D. Jakes's podcast Walk in the Word and The Potter's Touch, respectively.  This wasn't always a part of my morning routine so I can truly attest to the difference it has made in my life now. When I'm not able to start my day this way, I've noticed that it takes a lot more effort to keep things running smoothly.

5. Planning the Year Ahead - Last but not least, I find enjoyment in planning for the future.  I know that God has the ultimate say in what happens but planning and dreaming about the future gets me excited and gives me something to look forward to.

If this list were to keep going, the sixth thing that makes me most happy would be Eating. I debated on the priority of this item there for a minute, I'm not going to lie, but that's why I'm in the situation I'm in right now with my weight loss challenge. Oh, the struggle!

So is life.  

On a more serious note though, life is way too short guys. Will things happen that'll make us upset, angry, and frustrated? Yes, absolutely.  Do we have to dwell on these things? No. Let's acknowledge it, soak it in for a second (and I mean only a second) then move on.

After all, happiness is a choice. Let's choose wisely. Let's agree to do more of what makes us happy. I know I'll at least try.

Dear Ositos, 

Don't let anyone steal your joy and always remember that he who angers you, controls you. 

Los amo, 

No comments :

Post a Comment