Tuesday, February 18, 2014

EB's 1st Birthday: All Aboard The Love Boat!


All Aboard EB's Love Boat!  That was the theme of my daughter's 1st birthday party this past weekend. See, here in New Jersey, we're trapped in a virtual freezer box with so much snow on the ground that your words literally freeze in the air the moment they come out of your mouth. So, the thought of being on a cruise ship in the middle of February seemed pretty enticing. It was also Valentine's Day weekend so I combined the two elements and waa-laa...The Love Boat is born! Think plenty of hearts and anchors. Take a look...

I designed boarding-pass invitations to set the theme: 


It actually snowed pretty badly the day of the party but that wasn't stopping this ship from departing on schedule. It made me appreciate the scene that much more! I set up three tables that day:

The Dessert/Snack Table:





The Cake Table:






and the Photo Props/Activity Table:


What's a cruise experience without a good ol' game of Bingo? The kids loved playing this game, by the way. 


I kindly asked the guests to send my Baby Bear a "Message In A Bottle" that she could later read when she gets older.


My darling husband put this kissing booth together for me for a whopping $15.  I decorated it, of course, but God bless his heart for entertaining all of my shenanigans and putting it together for me. 





Happy birthday to him too, by the way.  He turned the big 4-0 that day! Here's one of my favorite pictures of my two birthday babies. Forty never looked so good!


And here's a family shot of the Six Little Osos. The picture is a little blurry but this was the best one we had by the end of the night. It's not easy getting six people to cooperate at the same time.



Finally, to end the night, we had to let the birthday girl enjoy some of her cake. Can we say Smash Cake time! This was the first time we ever tried this with any of the kids, so to see her reaction was truly priceless. She almost didn't know what to do with it. She some how 'smashed' her foot into the cake and then didn't put that foot back down until it was all over. It was funny to see her holding her leg up the whole time and definitely one of the highlights of her birthday.


I wrote an Open Letter to Baby Bear on the day of her birthday.  One of the things I mentioned in the letter was that we tried really hard to get her walking by her 1st birthday, to no avail. Well, I'm happy to say that she took her first steps yesterday, just two days after her birthday, and the best part is that the whole family was there to witness it!

Mi Osita Bella, 

Happy Birthday to you, mi amor! Here's wishing you many more!

Te amo tanto, 






No comments :

Post a Comment