Monday, November 18, 2013

JB's 4th Jawsome Birthday


Last summer we celebrated my son's 4th birthday by having a Shark-themed pool party in our yard. Truth be told, it rained on the original scheduled date so we had to postpone it until the following day. Oh well, life happens! We ended up having it on a Sunday. The weather was great, we had great company, and a overall great time. Like my oldest daughter, JB is a Summer Baby so the options for celebrating their birthdays are endless.

Turns out the day we celebrated his birthday was actually the same day National Geographic kicked off it's National Shark Week! I had no clue until the next day and thought that was pretty awesome. I guess everything happens for a reason!





Dear JB, 

I can't believe you're such a big boy now! Although, it may have something to do with the fact that Baby Bear is the new baby of the family. Either way, you have grown tremendously in my eyes and in the eyes of the world. You are in your last year of Pre-School and settling in really well with your new teacher, Ms. Murillo. You recently learned to write and say the letters of your name and you play so well with others. You are the sweetest little boy ever!

I love when I drop you off at school and we do our daily ritual where you say, just as I leave, "kissie and huggie Mami." It pulls on my heart strings every time and hasn't gotten old yet.  Your sudden bursts of "Mami, I love having a Daddy, a brother, and a sister" also melts my heart. Your growing into your own and asserting yourself, too.  

My hope for you this year is that you continue to flourish into the vibrant, fun, sweet little boy you are now. Your curly blonde hair attracts a lot of attention, too.  Your father and I have agreed not to cut it for a whole year. It will be fun to see the difference a year from now.  I love you papito.  

Always and forever, 


Your Mami-Bear




No comments :

Post a Comment