Friday, November 15, 2013

Love Letter to Baby Bear: 9 Month Milestone


Dear EB, 

I can't believe that just nine months ago we were sharing the same body! You were the last baby to use my belly as an incubator and as I reflect on the time that has gone by way too quickly,  I begin to realize that this is the last time I get to enjoy the ups and downs of raising a beautiful little baby. I'm not going to lie, that makes me really sad. You would think you were my only child and that I didn't do this three other times! The truth of the matter is, I love children. I especially love my own children and have been blessed and fortunate to have four of my very own.  I don't take that for granted, not for one second. People may say that children are a lot of work and they are, but, as cliché as it may sound, the rewards really are so much bigger than the work. You and your siblings bring me joy like no other.

So, because I know that time is fleeting, I've learned to cherish every moment that I get to love and kiss on you. The best part is you let me. You are becoming a master manipulator, too. You make the cutest little frown face that almost always guarantees you'll get your way every single time.  You even add in the double-eye wink for good measure.  And, even though you are only nine months, I can already tell you are going to be a fierce little thing when you grow up; a girl who knows what she wants and when she wants it.

You love laughing and playing with your baby brother, JB,  at the moment. He makes you burst with laughter. Your sister, NB, is like your second Mami. She loves you so much. Just wait until you can start running around and making a mess. It'll kick her OCD into over drive and drive her nuts! Your older brother, DB, dotes on you from time to time but he's a teenager so we can't expect much more from him right now. However, he adores you and is always saying how beautiful you are.

As for your physical and mental development, you can already pull yourself up, hum yourself to sleep, and wave hi and bye.  You smack your lips together when you see a bowl of food coming your way and you have about three teeth, with a fourth one breaking through, to eat it with. You're into making these monster gurgling noises too.  It reminds us of the noises the "Walkers" make on the show The Walking Dead. And, when you're not making those noises, you make this parrot-like squeak to communicate your excitement. It's the cutest thing ever!

In closing, my dear Baby Bear, I'm so happy that I understand your baby language. In addition to the noises you make, you say "ma ma ma ma" and "da da da da".  That means you're right on track for taking over the world, baby girl! But for now, please know that you bring our family so much joy. May Papa Dios continue to bless you with life and good health always.

Te quiero tanto,


Tu Mami-Bear

No comments :

Post a Comment