Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Maya Angelou: 7 of My Favorite Maya Angelou Quotes


Dr. Maya Angelou was, by far, one of the greatest writers of her time. Her words were so powerful and felt by many.

Today, as the world mourns her death, I reflect upon 7 of my favorite quotes that will live on in my heart and, undoubtedly, in the hearts of many others.


1. My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.

2. If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude to it. Don't complain.

3. The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them. 

4. Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.

5. We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.

6. Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.

7. I am a Woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal Woman,
that's me.

Thank you, Dr. Maya Angelou for your gift to the world. As the world reflects and celebrates your life, know that your words could not be more true today than they were in 1978 when you wrote the poem, "And Still I Rise." For despite entering into eternal rest, still, Dr. Angelou, you rise!


No comments :

Post a Comment